ARTful: using or characterized by art and skill

Salvage: to rescue or save especially from wreckage or ruin


[ARTful] Salvage was born from a love of creating, repurposing and salvaging. I simply abhor seeing perfectly "useful" items headed for the landfill or tucked away in a cardboard box, never seeing the light of day. I believe there is always beauty to be found, even under a layer of rust or a coating of dust. I see scratches, dents or imperfections as badges of honor to be worn proudly. I have a great love for the history, story and life of a piece. We lovingly dream up ways of restoring new life to these discarded and neglected fragments of life. I am glad you are here and hope you will come again often. Please make yourself at home; friends are always welcome. I'd be thrilled to hear from you and get to know you better.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Another new window and two etched repurposed mirrors....

....that also made their debut at last weekend's show in Winter Haven. We had a good day sans the blistering sunburn and the gale force winds which saw fit to claim a few of our pieces! Ugh! But the people were great and we gave some ART new homes and that is why we were there. I think I may have picked up a couple of custom window jobs too which I truly LOVE to do!
Anywho.....here is the new window called "Denim Dreams."





also added 2 new mirrors to the lineup.....one has already sold. Every time I use this verse, "His eye is on the sparrow, I know he watches me" I can't keep it in stock! :) It was my Gma's verse! The other mirror is a fave of mine and says simply, "BELIEVE."






The sparrow mirror was repurposed from a vintage medicine cabinet that DH added a hanger to the back up that I rescued from a church tag sale! :) Check out our Etsy shop for these and other great repurposed works of ART.

1 comment: