ARTful: using or characterized by art and skill

Salvage: to rescue or save especially from wreckage or ruin


[ARTful] Salvage was born from a love of creating, repurposing and salvaging. I simply abhor seeing perfectly "useful" items headed for the landfill or tucked away in a cardboard box, never seeing the light of day. I believe there is always beauty to be found, even under a layer of rust or a coating of dust. I see scratches, dents or imperfections as badges of honor to be worn proudly. I have a great love for the history, story and life of a piece. We lovingly dream up ways of restoring new life to these discarded and neglected fragments of life. I am glad you are here and hope you will come again often. Please make yourself at home; friends are always welcome. I'd be thrilled to hear from you and get to know you better.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

New goodies making their debut on Saturday.....

....at the Heart and Soul Festival in Winter Haven, FL. Thought you might like to see what is new for this weekend and what is on the work table for the future! :)

First up are 5 new pieces to our ARTful Salvage line of repurposed treasures. We have made 3 tier dessert stands. Aren't they gorgeous? And if you're like me, you enjoy having some things that are OOAK (one of a Kind). If you are interested in purchasing any of these, please shoot me an email (see the box on the left hand side bar). They are heading to the show on Saturday and the cost sans shipping is $30.







This is my next project on the work table. It is a HUGE 9 pane window (about 3 x 3) that I am making into a blooming garden of color and flowers. I really think I shall like this one.



Here is the finished window, "Confetti" after being grouted. I think it would be at home anywhere. The light pattern that comes through this onto the ground is literally amazing. She is for sale for $275.00 and heading to the show on Saturday as well. Pics of her step by step can be seen here.



These are the 2 newest ever blooming, no kill flowers that Hubs makes. These 2 are made from vintage deviled egg plates and other glass pieces and stones.  The flowers, with stem, sell for $35.00. They bloom on beautiful copper "stems" with hand tooled leaves. You can see more of them here.



Stay tuned.....more new pics to come tonight or tomorrow! Hope you enjoyed your "visit" to the glass studio today. Please share our site with your family and friends. We LOVE meeting new people. 

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Your work just gets more and more elegant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are all beautiful but I just LOVE that green ever blooming flower!!! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Really just gorgeous! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete