ARTful: using or characterized by art and skill

Salvage: to rescue or save especially from wreckage or ruin


[ARTful] Salvage was born from a love of creating, repurposing and salvaging. I simply abhor seeing perfectly "useful" items headed for the landfill or tucked away in a cardboard box, never seeing the light of day. I believe there is always beauty to be found, even under a layer of rust or a coating of dust. I see scratches, dents or imperfections as badges of honor to be worn proudly. I have a great love for the history, story and life of a piece. We lovingly dream up ways of restoring new life to these discarded and neglected fragments of life. I am glad you are here and hope you will come again often. Please make yourself at home; friends are always welcome. I'd be thrilled to hear from you and get to know you better.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What's on the worktable - new stained glass mosaic windows

Thought I would share my B-I-G news! I was contacted by a gal about my stained glass mosaic windows. She saw them on Etsy and loved them! <--googley-eyed grin.
She is opening a coffee shop over near Delray Beach, Fl and wanted to use them as the focal point for her decor! Woo Hoo! I am so excited. She ordered EIGHT of them.....the four I had listed and 4 more I am currently working on. In addition I am working on 6 others, 4 for Etsy and 2 for a possible consignment location. I'll share them as I go so you can see their progress.

She asked for some oranges, reds and yellows as two are mostly blues. Here is my orange version in the rough cut stage.





Here is another 9 pane I am making for the Etsy shop. I just LOVE this window! It will have a clear glass mosaic background when completed.





I have 2 more rough cut out to share soon......one a Frank Lloyd Wright inspired "wheat" design in primary colors and the other a beautiful muted shades of purple, green and gold featuring some amazing daisy patterned pressed glass. Stay tuned! :)

Don't forget our 20% off sale is still going on through the end of the month!


1 comment:

  1. This is extremely fascinating substance! I have completely delighted in perusing your focuses and have reached the conclusion that you are right about a hefty portion of them. You are extraordinary.  Metal Mosaic wholesale

    ReplyDelete