ARTful: using or characterized by art and skill

Salvage: to rescue or save especially from wreckage or ruin


[ARTful] Salvage was born from a love of creating, repurposing and salvaging. I simply abhor seeing perfectly "useful" items headed for the landfill or tucked away in a cardboard box, never seeing the light of day. I believe there is always beauty to be found, even under a layer of rust or a coating of dust. I see scratches, dents or imperfections as badges of honor to be worn proudly. I have a great love for the history, story and life of a piece. We lovingly dream up ways of restoring new life to these discarded and neglected fragments of life. I am glad you are here and hope you will come again often. Please make yourself at home; friends are always welcome. I'd be thrilled to hear from you and get to know you better.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

newly listed repurposed ART on Etsy

Finally had a few minutes to list 3 goodies for sale on Etsy. Please stop by and check them out. I'd LOVE to hear your feedback! :::Smiles:::

There is a repurposed garden mirror that has been lovingly etched with "The Garden is the Mirror of the Heart".


Also a stained glass mosaic stepping stone featuring a buzzing bee.



and finally a repurposed fish platter turned birdfeeder or serving stand.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. The garden mirror is lovely, but I'm wild about the bee stepping stone...you did a great job with it, Shelly! Diann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on Pinterest today and spotted a pin of your wonderful mirror and finally found your page. Now that I have the person who made it and the link I'll pin it myself so others can find you. Nicely done on the mirror.

    ReplyDelete